Thank you Film Grimoire for nominating me for this award! I checked in this morning and saw her post about it. Turns out that I’m the 10th nominee (best for last, I suppose). Thanks again.
Rules for the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
The link above has the ten questions, so here I go.
What was your favorite televsion show as a kid? Blue’s Clues. I had an inflatable thinking chair, most of the cool orange videotapes, made Steve’s cookie recipe from the treasure hunt episode, and had a Blue stuffed animal. I’m actually looking for Steve’s shirt for a Halloween costume that I really want to wear one day for a party. Of course, it’s fun to watch the college episode in college, especially with friends.
What’s been your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, or as I call it, THXgiving. You get two days off to stuff yourself silly and then go out and shop (or do nothing but have a movie marathon like me). Then, it’s the weekend, so another two days off. You can’t ask for anything more. Why THXgiving? Well, it’s shorthand for “thanks” and it’s cooler when you tie it to something like this.
Are you reading a book at the moment? If so, what book? Do college textbooks count, because that’s all I have time for.
What’s your favorite meal to cook? I have cooked food before but the majority of my cooking stems from reheating leftovers and going through the spice cabinet for variety. My favorite “I actually cooked this” meal would be spaghetti with alfredo sauce because it’s easy.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live? A warm city place for starters, somewhere completely opposite from northeast Indiana. I can’t stand the cold and these past few days have been hard on me because of the weather. I’d go for Sydney, Australia.
If you could choose another first name for yourself, what would it be? Hugo, not just because of the movie. It has the sense of prestige and, let’s be honest, it sounds really cool.
Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse? Not unless it’s like Warm Bodies. I’d be a goner.
Do you have a pet? If so, what type of animal is it, and what’s its name? I don’t have a pet.
What’s cuter – kittens or puppies? Kittens. How do you not say no to a kitten?
Who would win a battle between a giant snail and a hundred snail-sized non-poisonous snakes? The giant snail. With the weight of this particular snail and the slime they secrete, the snakes don’t stand a chance.
I nominate as tribute:
- Popcorn Nights
- Forgotten Films
- Hard Ticket to Home Video
- Nicholas Conley’s Writings, Readings and Coffee Addictions
- An Odyssey Through Film
- Aspie Catholic
- Walking Inland
- Keeping it Reel
- Wonderful Cinema
- What was the last movie you saw by yourself?
- If you could go anywhere in the movies, where would it be?
- What was the first animal you hit with a car?
- Watching foreign films: subtitles or dubbing?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure movie?
- What movie should have won Best Picture but didn’t?
- How do you watch The Wizard of Oz: with or without Pink Floyd?
- Remakes: friend or foe?
- What movie do you regret seeing?
You have your mission. Go!